Colombo is one of the most interesting places in Sri Lanka, one of the Asian countries. While here, there are a number of activities one can indulge in to. But the following are what you should not miss to do:
1. Take Tours
· Take an open deck double Decker bus or van tour around the city in the evening and enjoy the green and lash environment.
· Get to mingle with the people of the land and you will enjoy the experience of the country.
2. Enjoy Sri Lanka Delicacies
· Take your time to enjoy one or two of the Sri Lankan delicacies.
· Along the beaches, you will have to enjoy a variety of sea foods that are prepared in the ancient Sri Lankan style.
· Make sure you don’t miss the snacks here for they taste great. The snacks can be found easily along the streets.
3. Do Shopping
· Shop for arts in the country known for the great pieces of art materials.
· In Colombo National Museum, you will find several paints, sculptures and sketches dating back to the ancient times.
· Have a visit at the departmental stores. Choose from thousands of woven hand bags, designer clothing, furniture and other commodities found both in shops and shopping malls.
4. Pay a Visit to the Temples
· There are several temples in Colombo.
· The most notable one is the Gangarama Vihara temple decorated with Buddhist art, beautiful brass and unique stone carvings.
· The temple houses a museum holding ancient Hindus worship items.
· In it, you will find a residential hall and a place of learning.
5. Play the Famous Games
· Play several games with the locals.
· The famous games here include cricket and golf.
· There are golf clubs like the Royal Colombo Golf Club where you can play with the locals.
6. View National Parks and Zoo
· Take visit zoological gardens like the Dehiwala Zoological Garden see a variety of Asian plants, animals and birds all living harmoniously within the same environment.
· The experience here is worthy to remember.
7. Get a Massage at the Spas
· Along the coastal area, here are several spas built in the state of art technology.
· You will get professional massage from well trained masseur who is well versed with all massages including the Swedish and Shiatsu.
8. Get Wild in Leisure Activities
· There are several activities for leisure here in Colombo.
· Boat riding, roller coaster among others are very famous. Riding is also offered to both children and adults.
· One will live to remember a ride in a three wheel chariot.
9. Enjoy the Night Life
· The people of Colombo love partying till dawn.
· Several night clubs, bars and casinos line up the streets where you can go and chill out.
· Drinks, both local and international are offered in reduced competitive prices.
10. Buy Some Local Art
· Buy a piece of art material at the streets or arts market.
· One will find a variety to choose from including sculpture of goddesses, paintings and sketches too.
Apply for the Sri Lankan Visas today and enjoy the benefit is that comes with it. Go to the Sri Lankan embassy in your country or their diplomatic missions and get accorded one. You can apply one online too for the e-visa that is for business reasons.